Technician (Mechanic) - Cleveland Metroparks Seneca Course
|Job Title: ||Technician (Mechanic)|
|Job Type: ||Full-Time|
|Location: ||Cleveland Metroparks Seneca Golf Course|
|Job Status: ||Sourcing|
- Performs semi-skilled and1 as capable and as assigned, skilled work in at least one of the following:
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HY AC, irrigation/drainage, turf/agronomy, forestry, heavy equipment operation, mechanical, horticulture
- Performs semi-skilled work, and as capable and as assigned, skilled work in a responsive manner by exercising a degree of independent judgment. Demonstrates initiative, creativity and leadership. Reports task accomplishments to supervisors and anticipate problems and recommends solutions.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and proficiency in the handling and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Performs routine mechanical repairs and rebuilding work on equipment beyond first echelon of maintenance.
- Assists in the completion of construction renovation projects and extensive repair work of facilities.
- Operates and maintains at least two pieces of the following equipment:
- Trucks; tractors; farm and light construction equipment; front-end loader; backhoe; hydraulic mowing equipment; utility vehicles; bulldozer; grader; aerial bucket; tree spade; stump cutter; special skilled-trade tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least two years of skilled-level experience.
Completion of an approved course in the specific trade or skilled area from an accredited technical school.
- Course work up to and including certification (i.e., Arborist, etc.), Associate Degree and/or university classes in turf, agronomy, forestry, horticulture, plant science, natural resources, or related fields, is preferred and would strengthen a candidate's application.
- Valid Ohio driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to perform variable physical requirements of park maintenance work.
- Possess or obtain an Ohio commercial driver's license (CDL), when required by work assignment or location.
- Certification or licensure applicable to trade or specialized fields preferred.
- Possess or obtain an Ohio Pesticide Applicator's License, when required by work assignment or location.
- Experience in and knowledge of Park Operation's procedures, duties, equipment operation, calibration, and maintenance, which are ordinarily, obtained by extensive experience in a technical capacity and above those of a Senior Handyperson's position qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership consistent with teamwork approach that recognizes contribution of all employees.
- Keeps current with new production methods, techniques and materials by work assignment locations.
- Possess the necessary written and oral communication skills to communicate professionally
|Compensation: ||$24.27 - $26.24 per hour|
|How to Apply: ||www.clevelandmetroparks.com/about/employment|
Type: "Technician" as keyword
Filing Deadline 4/5/2018
|Education Level: ||N/A|
|Company Name: ||Cleveland Metroparks|
|Company Address: ||4101 Fulton Parkway|
|Zip Code: ||44144|
|Contact Name: ||David Donner|
|Contact Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Phone Number: ||216-386-0149|